Download the EDSA eBook
The EDSA eBook is a free interactive eBook containing extracts from the project’s learning materials.
Table of contents
- What is Data Science?
- Data Scientist: The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century
- The European Data Science Academy
- Foundations of Big Data
- Introduction to Big Data
- Techniques & Tools Overview
- Data analytics with QMiner
- Big Data Architecture
- The Lambda Architecture
- Batch Processing
- Speed Processing
- Big Data Analytics
- Collaborative filtering in the lambda architecture
- Generating real-time recommendations
- Big data analytics in Spark
The eBook is available for the iPad and MacOS (iBooks format) and for all other devices (ePUB format).
Download the EDSA eBook as an ePUB (available for all devices).
To access the iBook on a Mac, download it and double click on it. It will open with the iBooks app on your Mac.
To access the iBook on your iPad, follow these steps:
1. Download the iBook on your computer (Mac or Windows PC).
2. Connect your iPad to your computer with a USB cable.
3. Open iTunes on your computer and select your iPad:
4. Click on "Books" under "On My Device":
5. Drag and drop the iBook file:
6. The iBook will start getting copied to your iPad:
7. Once the copying is complete, you can access the iBook from the iBooks app on your iPad: